A yummy soup done in the slow cooker
Slow Cooker Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- 4 medium potatoes peeled and diced
- 4 carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 brown onions diced
- 4 sticks celery sliced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 litres chicken stock
- 1 pkt french onion soup
- 6 whole chicken thighs trimmed of all fat
- Place all the vegetables into the slow cooker in order of ingredients.
- Mix french onion soup into the chicken stock and pour over vegetables.
- Push chicken thighs under liquid and cook for a minimum of 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low setting.
- Remove chicken from pot and, using two forks, shred the chicken thighs. Return the chicken to the pot and stir.
Dice the potatoes in about one centremetre cubes.