This colorful salad is perfect for a vegetarian meal or a side salad for summer barbecues
Rustic mixed tomato and spiced chickpea salad
- 400 g chickpeas, can rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 350 g tomatoes pkt mixed medley or large tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado stoned, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup dill sprigs
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 100 g marinated fetta crumbled
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place chickpeas in a bowl. Drizzle with 1 tbs oil. Sprinkle with the cumin, coriander and paprika. Season. Toss to combine. Spread over one lined tray. Bake, tossing occasionally, for 15 minutes or until chickpeas are light golden. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the tomatoes on the remaining lined tray. Drizzle with 1 tsp of the remaining olive oil. Season. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to collapse. Set aside to cool.
- Place chickpeas, tomatoes, avocado, mint, parsley, basil and dill in a bowl. Place vinegar and remaining oil in a screw-top jar. Shake until well combined. Drizzle over the tomato mixture and toss to combine. Arrange on a serving platter. Sprinkle with the fetta.