Light, fluffy, tasty scones
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup lemonade
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 2 cup self raising flour
- milk for brushing on top
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Place the lemonade and cream into a bowl. Add the salt and caster sugar and mix to combine.
- Sift in the self raising flour and use a knife to fold it through until only just combined (the mixture will be very sticky).
- Place the dough onto a lightly floured board.
- With lightly floured fingers, press the mixture down to a thickness of 3cm (do not over-work the dough).
- Using a 6cm scone cutter, cut rounds from the middle working outwards and place on lightly floured baking tray
- When you've used all of the dough, brush the tops of the scones with milk and place into the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- The scones will be ready when they're golden on top.