Foodi Chicken Risotto
A delicious recipe we found for risotto that cooks in around 8 minutes in the pressure cooker
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 600 gram chicken thigh fillets trimmed, cut into 3 cm pieces
- 1 brown onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese grated, plus extra to serve
- 30 gram butter diced
- 75 gram baby spinach
- Set the cooker to SAUTE, HIGH. Heat half the oil. Cook the chicken, in two batches, for 3-4 minutes or until well browned. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in rice until opaque.
- Return chicken to cooker with stock and wine. Stir to combine. Secure pressure cooker lid and set to PRESSURE, HI for 5 minutes. Quick release the pressure when done.
- Remove the lid. Stir in parmesan and butter. Stand for 5 minutes, covered, allowing rice to absorb remaining liquid. Stir through spinach and season to taste. Serve with extra cheese.