Foodi Beef Ragu
Tomato based beef sauce with pasta
Servings: 6 people
- 450 g fettuccine pasta
- 1 kg beef chuck roast excess fat trimmed and cut into 5cm cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 can diced tomatoes 800g
- 425 g tomato sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley leaves chopped
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well and set aside.
- Set a 6-qt Ninja Foodi to the high saute setting.
- Season beef with salt and pepper, to taste. Heat olive oil; working in two batches, add beef and cook until evenly browned, about 3-4 minutes; set aside.
- Add garlic, onion and carrot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in tomato paste.
- Stir in red wine, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, basil, thyme, cinnamon, bay leaf and beef. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 30 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Remove beef from the Pot and shred, using two forks, before returning to the pot; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately with pasta, garnished with parsley, if desired.