Foodi Chicken Fried Rice
A nice fulling chicken fried rice prepped and cooked in under an hour
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs whisked
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1½ cup chicken stock
- 500 g chicken breast 1cm dice
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1½ cups jasmine rice rinsed well
- ½ cup frozen peas thawed
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Turn on the saute function on the foodi. Warm 1 tsp of vegetable oil then add the whisked eggs. Scramble the eggs until fully cooked. Transfer the eggs to a plate and set aside.
- Heat the second tsp of vegetable oil and add the minced garlic. Saute the garlic until fragrant, stirring frequently. Turn off saute, pour in a small amount of the chicken stock and use a spatula to scrape up any food stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the remaining chicken stock. Add the diced chicken, diced carrots and rice (in this order). Push the rice down until just submerged in the stock, but do not stir.
- Place the pressure lid on top and cook at high pressure for 3 minutes. Allow to naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick release to release the remainder of the pressure
- Remove the lid. Add the soy sauce and sesame oil and stir until the rice is well coated. Add the peas and scrambled eggs and mix until well combined. Cover and rest for a minute or two to allow the peas and egg to warm through. Serve immediately. Store any leftovers in the fridge and eat within four days.