This is a recipe that originally came out of a “Food for Flatters” book my mum gave me when I moved in to share a house with a few mates while I was at Uni. Since then it has been through a few refinements but is still basically the same thing I used to cook back then.
Chilli a la Antony
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500 gram mince lean
- 1 onion large
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium capsicum optional
- 2 tsp chilli paste or chilli powder, adjust to taste
- 425 gram baked beans Watties preferred!!!!
- 125 gram tomato paste
- 425 gram diced tomatoes
- Heat oil in a medum frypan or wok
- Add onion, garlic and capsicum and cook over a high heat until onion is glassy
- Add mince, break up and stir until mince is browned
- Stir in chilli and diced tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes
- add baked beans and tomato paste, heat until warmed through and serve immediately