Grilled Chicken Street Tacos
Delicious chicken street tacos that are much for flavoursome than tacos out of a packet
- 700 gram chicken thighs boneless, skinless and trimmed
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ¼ cup fresh coriander chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp ground black pepper
- 12 mini taco shells warmed
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 can corn kernels
- ¼ red cabbage diced
- ½ red capsicum diced
- sour cream to taste
- grated tasty cheese to taste
- Add chicken to a large resealable bag. In a small bowl mix together lime juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, chilli powder, coriander, salt and pepper
- Pour mixture of chicken in the bag then seal bag. Rub marinade over chicken. Transfer to fridge and allow to marinate at least 1 hour and up to six hours.
- Preheat a grill over medium to high heat (200 – 230° C)
- Grill chicken until cooked through, turning once halfway through grilling. Allow about 5-6 minutes per side. Chicken should read 74° C and be slightly charred.
- Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes
- While chicken is resting, combine red onion, corn kernels, cabbage and capsicum to form a fresh salsa
- Dice the chicken. Combine your choice of chicken, salsa, sour cream and cheese to from a tasty taco. Enjoy.
It is fun to put the ingredients out and let your guests form their own taco.